Monday, May 10, 2010

From a child's eyes

I am in love with my boys and the cards I got for Mother's Day. Just so you know, according to Ammon: I am smart because (scribble, scribble) strong because I can lift him up! The favorite thing I have given him is Batman, and he likes it when we have fun together.

Ivan says I'm smart because I clean up, I'm strong because (blank). The favorite thing I have given him is chocolate cookies and he likes it when we play together.

Orlando says I'm smart because I know all about God. I'm strong because I'm 33. The favorite thing I have given him is story time and he likes it when we bake pancakes.

And now why I love my mom and mother-in-law.

Mother-in-law Kathryn. She is smart because she has all kinds of trivia in her head, and is a faithful reader of Readers Digest! She is strong because she raised 9 children. The favorite thing she has given me is her son, Joshua. And I like it when we quilt together.

My mom-Janis. She is smart because she is in her sixties, ready to retire, has a masters degree and is still taking college classes!! She is strong because she has been widowed twice and lives with life long injuries and chronic pain. The favorite thing she has given me is her time and experiences. I like it when we cook, play, talk, and dream together. (Current dream involves Costa Rica next year!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this post was lovely and simple. Primary ideas for blogs... I like it. :)

smart cuz you clean house? I'd think those chemicals did the opposite... :)