Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm Thankful to be Me!

A children's song goes like this:

"At night when I'm in home at bed, I close my eyes and see the many things I'm thankful for that God has given me.  I see my friends and teachers too.  And others who love me.  These many blessings make me feel so thankful to be me." 

I remember singing this as a child and actually wondering if I was thankful to be me.  Obviously I struggled with self acceptance and knowing that I was loved.  Today I feel differently.  I am very thankful to be me!  Who am I?  Well here are a few of the titles I have been privleged to be:

Daughter
Sister
Mother
Mom
Mommy 
Mama
MAAA! MAAA!
Wife
Spouse
Eternal Companion
Love of my Life
Lady
Lady friend
The Missus
Mrs. Mack
Suagah Mama
Sister McElderry
Just a McElderry
Mackelberry
Balsters
Still a Balsters
Goodie Two Shoes (thanks Sara!)
Friend
Good Friend
Close Friend
Best Friend
Sister in Law
Daughter in Law
Child
Child of God
Daughter of God
Aunt
Auntie
Missionary
Sister
as in "Seestah Balsters!"  with a thick Brazilian Accent
Teacher
Mrs.
as in "Meesus Mcjdiej;y" by my ESL kiddos
Lara
Lay-rah
Larry (thanks Jacob!)
Graduate
Alum
Lara Lee
Chick-a-dee
or better, "Lara-Lee-Chick-a-dee"

Thanks to all of you, who have helped me have these titles and made me "Thankful to be Me!" I love you.


No comments: