Friday, November 21, 2008

Mother of the Week

I was selected as mom of the week in the Mom's and Munchkins of NW Columbus -my mom's club-.  So, I win a romantic get-a-way for two to . . .okay, just kidding, but I did get to answer the following quesitons.   Thought I'd share:


Name: Lara McElderry
Other half: Josh
Kids: Orlando 5, Ivan, 3.5, Ammon 2
Birthday: Jan 28, 1977
What is your middle name? Lee-my mom named me after her dad. My parents divorced before I was born, my stepdad (my mind real dad) entered my life before I was two. His mom’s maiden name was Lee---a name he wanted to pass on to one of his children. Pretty cool, huh?
Do you have any pets? Nope.
Where did you grow up? Texas and Oklahoma until high skl, then Arkansas.
Where did you go to school/college? University of AR-Fayetteville
What is a good movie you have seen lately? Wall-E
What is a good book you have read lately? FableHaven


Your favorites:

Color? So hard to choose, Red I guess.
Food? Even harder…Mexican
Season/time of year? Fall
Holiday? Kid’s Birthdays
Day of the week? Why? Sunday-we try to do family stuff that day.
What is your favorite thing to do on weekends? quilt
Do you drink alcohol? If so, what is your favorite? No alcohol.
What's your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Root Beer.
Sport? To play, basketball. To watch, college football.
Who is your favorite actress/actor? Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks
TV shows? Office
Author(s)? I’m drawing a blank here-Sandra Cisneros is fun, Rowling is amazing
Musical artist/group? I love the Pandora website-I choose Brazilian stuff.


A little deeper:

What is the first memory you have? Sitting on a phone book so I could see out the window of our old station wagon.
Do you play any instruments? If not, would you like to and what? I can play simple songs on the piano—I would love to play the guitar.
Describe a hobby and what inspires you to do it. I like to quilt b/c of the finished product.
What has been your favorite place to travel to? Brazil for sure.
Do you volunteer or donate to anything? I am the activity coordinator at church (yes, I’m planning a Christmas party for a few hundred people!!) I donate tithes to church, and give to Salvation Army and the homeless guy outside the store.
How many times have you moved? Several.
Are you a good cook? Yes! And that goes straight to my legs, or my thighs, or my hips. 
Are you a morning person? Only if I’ve had enough sleep and no one hit the snooze bar.
What's the last thing you bought yourself, just for fun? A nice spatula. (stainless steel, thick rubber---it was only 4 dollars!)
What is one thing that makes you happy, besides your kids/DH? Compliments.
What is one thing that irritates you? Snooze Bars and kids that miss the toilet when they pee.


Other people in your life:

Who is the person you admire most and why? My mama—it’s a long story.
Who is your very best friend and why? Liz- (a sister in law) she understands me.
What is one personality trait that really impresses you in others? Kindness and not gossiping.
What is one personality trait that really irritates you in others? Gossip.


Your values:

What is the most unselfish thing that you think you have ever done, besides giving birth? Spending 18 months on a mission in Brazil.
What is the one thing that you'd like to change about yourself? I would say the birth defect on my left hand, but I’m so used to it (having it since birth and all.. hehehe). I guess it would be the large ugly mole on my legg (lol!).
If you had one day to live, what would you do? Just lay in bed and gather family. Share memories, and express love.
What would you want people to say about you after you had passed away? I’ll miss her.
Are you superstitious? I do “knock on wood” when I say things are going well.
What is your biggest fear? Ivan’s cancer returning.
What is your dream job? I had it once—teaching 8th and 9th graders English as a Second Language. 
Where is the one place that you want to go and why? Estonia—my husband lived there.
What would you do if you won the lottery? Replace all my clothes!


List 10 fun facts:
1. I love to make birthday cakes.
2. Josh and I met, dated and married in under 3 months.
3. I know how to call the hogs.
4. I make homemade laundry soap and bread.
5. My oldest had speech problems (almost overcome).
6.My youngest had ear infections (tubes fixed that).
7. My middle survived a brain tumor and surgery (much better, still recovering).

8.I am Mormon-that has gotten a myriad or responses from people.
http://www.mormon.org...

9. I love, love, this site
www.littlenummies.net

10. I started a blog this week!
http://larapensamento...

1 comment:

ooooo said...

Really great Post. I love fablehaven I have read all three that are out right now. I need to get with you on quilting. I am trying to learn how to quilt and with 4 kids and work, well you know. I am excited about it though.