Wednesday, May 13, 2009

50 Cent Fun




Have I mentioned my weakness for garage sales?  If not, let me be clear.  Garage sales are amazing!  So, spring  aka garage sale season is one of my favorite times of year.  The kids get more toys now then all of their winter birthdays and Christmas combined.  I found about 12 ninja turtles-and got them FREE!  I've also found some amazing bowls with lids for a quarter!!  I've also found a few cute clothes (this is unusual).  But, of all the finds I think the 50 cent Pinata wins the prize.  I found it at a friends garage sale the Saturday before Cinco de Mayo...so naturally it was a must.  A must that must bust!  The boys decided we needed to have a pinata party, so an e-mail was sent, a time set and a park chosen.  I had 8 to 10 ladies come with kids, not too shabby to just play and swing at a turkey pinata!!  The morning of the 5th of May is one to remember.  Lando wakes up early, comes into our bedroom (you know it's early if Josh hasn't left yet) and says holding a turkey pinata above his head, "Today is the BIG day!"  Months of planning could not have made for a more excited group of boys.  I love my boys.  They get excited about simple things.  Maybe one day garage sales will be one of those....

1 comment:

Roxie said...

So the idea of someone coming into my bedroom before I'm awake with not just any piñata, but a turkey piñata, that's just a funny visual. :)