Friday, August 14, 2009

I lost it.

My wedding ring. It happened on my trip to Oklahoma. It is in lake Fort Gibson. Let me know if you find it.
I was going to write more, but this is just too darn depressing. I thought it would get better with time, but it really STINKS.
However, I'm writing this because tonight Josh and I are going ring shopping/browsing. I can't replace the one I wore on our wedding day, or to gave birth to three boys in, lived in five different homes, and made countless meals, laundry loads, hugs, and hand holds...
But, I can have fun walking in with Josh and pretending to be newly engaged. Maybe we'll pretend to be that couple that lived together for so long before he could get around to it, the couple who grew up going to primary together, the couple who is pregnant (no I'm not, but it'd be fun to let the clerk think so) hmmm what else? I guess we could bring the kids and tell them it was a second marriage or we are finally ready to commit?
Some things cannot be replaced. But, after another 7.5 years, I can love it just as much and after 50 even more!
Anyhoo, wish me luck. It may bomb out if so that's okay, because we are going to get dinner as well.

3 comments:

Mimi Nowland said...

I liked your attitude about loving the next ring after so many years as your first ring. I would totally play up the ring shopping, why don't you ask the viewers for some more ideas!

Beth said...

This same exact thing happened to me about four years ago. I was so incredibly sad, but ring shopping was so much fun. Good luck picking out a new ring to make memories with.

Giggles said...

I haven't even had my engagement ring for two months yet and I'd already be terribly sad if I lost it.

Have fun making new memories with the new ring.