Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Holiday Sorrow Softened

Well, I was having a bit of a pity-party.
Josh is working during the Halloween Party, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas-so he can be off on New Year's to go to Dallas for his brother's wedding (which me and kids probably won't attend b/c we can't afford to fly and don't have time to drive). And then he'll be off a week in February to attend a conference in Ft. Lauderdale and again we won't be joining him. So all of these holidays were just highlighting the yuckiness of a resident's schedule and had me in a bit of a tizzy.

Until I read this:

and now I have NOTHING to complain about.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I heard it too, I couldn't believe my ears!

Giggles said...

It really makes you think. And pray.

I want my honey to come hold me now after reading that.

Adams said...

I feel so selfish sometimes. I worry so much. I cry way to often. All because of personal issues. Thank you Lara for making me remember that I'm not being picked on. So much more is happening in this huge world of ours.

Valerie said...

That does put a lot of things in perspective and makes me grateful to be in the U.S.A.

Jenny said...

Oh MY! Thats horrific!