Friday, October 9, 2009

The Life Changer (4 of 10)

I also learned more clearly and distinctly to love the scriptures. And I learned more than before that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. My favorite scripture to share with others was this one found in the book of Mosiah Chapter 2:41
41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

The Lord blesses us and he will bless us. Not all blessings will come to us in this life, but his works are just and in his eternal time all things have a purpose and a season.

I love the Bible and appreciated the testimonies of many faithful Christians who read it frequently. The Bible has helped me to come unto Christ. I especially love the gospels. My favorite Bible story is the story of the Prodigal Son. The unfaithful son comes back to his father with nothing and says he would be happy to be a servant. The father instead gives him a feast and a ring and celebrates. Our father in heaven will also bless us temporarily and spiritually as we come unto him, repent, are baptized in his name, and follow him.
Recently we had General Conference for our Church. Here is a video of one of our apostles giving his testimony of the Book of Mormon.

I give my testimony today, not half a world away, not on a small street, and not in a foreign tongue. But in the comfort of my own home and in my first language, that I know the scriptures are true. The Bible is a wonderful blessing brought about through great sacrifice and the Book of Mormon also came about just as Joseph Smith claimed it did. It is a divine witness of our Savior Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

Mimi Nowland said...

Beautiful testimony, thank you for sharing it. The scriptures are amazing, I am grateful for their power in my life!