Saturday, January 10, 2009

A fond adieu to 2008

2008 has been one of the best years of my life. I will always look back at this year with much fondness. (Perhaps the joy has been greater due to the terrible year of 2007?) So, before I go on about all my new adventures and goings-on and goals, etc for 2009, I want to take a moment and share some of the Mackelberry accomplishments of 2008.

1. Ivan has continued to improve and no longer has the restraints of his helmet. His last MRI looked cancer-free!!


2. Orlando started public school and is thriving. In fact--this just in--Lando will not need speech starting in Kindergarten! Way to go, Orlando! He has had speech for almost 2.5 years. It was always my hope he'd be ready for Kindergarten speech-free!



3. Ammon got his tubes, and they work great, he is still on his inhalers, but hasn't been sick nearly as much! Ammon also walks better, talks great, and even shares!




4. Ivan potty-trained! This makes any mom a new woman!



5. Ivan and Lando played on their first soccer team!


6. I had some successes with sewing and quilting!




7. Josh and I went on a honeymoon trip to South Carolina and Ohio trying to decide where to live. Columbus felt right, and he matched here!

8. To do number 7 means he graduated and is now a Doctor!! Congratulations!



9. We celebrated by going on the trip of our lives to Brazil! We stayed with people from my mission, went to a Temple Dedication, visited the most beautiful park in the world, Parque do Iguacu, went to the ocean, etc, etc, etc. This trip was planned in 2002, and what a miracle for the timing to work out. I'm now in touch with more people from my mission than ever before!





10. In addition to all of this, I lost ten pounds this year and am exercising regularly. Sorry, there is no bikini photo to follow this available. (LOL!)


Hope all of you had a great 2008! And here is to a wonderful 2009!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Laura said...

what an awesome year for you...well done!!

Mimi Nowland said...

It was a great year! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful adventures with us. I am thinking for 2009 you need a trip to CA, how about it???

ooooo said...

Ya'll had a great year!!!! I hope that 2009 is just as good

Kelly said...

Lots and lots of exciting things in your househohld!! That is very exciting about your husband finishing med school! (I love the boys' shirts!) I'm happy you got to go to Brazil. The pictures are gorgeous! and congrats on losing 10 lbs! Hooray! =)