Monday, December 21, 2009

Low-Key to this Sucks!

Remember my previous post about a low-key Christmas and how I kept putting,
"Hmmm."

Life has taught me when you get an all is well period-life will whop you up the side of the head!

So it is again-and this particular whop sucks.

Sorry, (I know you hate that word mom). But it is so true.

Ivan was diagnosed with a viral infection in his hip. It was supposed to clear up within a few days-possibly a little longer-but max week to two weeks-it has been 17-18 days.
AND-I thought he was doing better, although when I'm honest, he had some minor aches and pains 4 or 5 days ago and I gave him Motrin.

Then-last night he has another episode of extreme knee pain-this pain wakes him up (he never wakes up). This is a huge concern. Still no other symptoms, injury, fever, etc.

This could (though I am trying my best not to panic) be more serious.

Dr. appointment today yielded: Bone Scan.

Then we'll know more.

I should get a call tomorrow for a time, but I'm not sure how soon this will happen with the holidays.

So much for a low-key holiday. I'm a basket case. Now I'm juggling getting the things done like our dinner and presents with appointments and the wedding trip to Dallas on the 29th and a room full of laundry, and kids who don't have school-which means I need extra patience.

Prayers are welcome for me and Josh. We are both concerned about our little boy.







11 comments:

wendy holt said...

I am so sorry! I hope it goes back to low key soon! I hope the bone scan comes back normal. We'll be praying for you!

bseymour said...

I am so sorry. How stressful. I will send good thoughts your way.

Jen said...

Lara, I will pray for you and Josh and your little boys. I want you to have a "normal" Christmas.

Emilia said...

if it's in the morning or early afternoon, your other boys are welcome to come here to play. email or call me if you need.

Charity Brown said...

Oh Lara, you will definitely be in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Lara, we are praying for your entire family. Please let us know if we can do anything to help. We are here until Christmas afternoon.

Lisa said...

Thinking of you and praying for you always.

Giggles said...

I will pray that things happen quickly and peacefully for you.

Anonymous said...

you don't know me - i am abby bowman's mom - but i read your post and just HAD to respond.

i am so sorry to hear this. it sounds agonizing. i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

God bless.

Laura said...

sending prayers your way!!!

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers and help anytime with the boys :)